1) Mikio reported his results for phase space analysis of muE1 and piE1.
In particular two beam tunes at 125 MeV/c were compared (a) muSR tune, (b) tune optimized by Manfred
Manfred’s tune had a factor 3 more muons.
In the comparison with the transverse phase space stated in A. Adelman et al. we lack a factor 2 to 4 in emittance (unclear whether full of half width at half maximum was used), and more than a factor three in intensity
2) Philipp present calculation on the requirements of timing. The anomalous frequency in a 1.5T field is about 240kHz, to resolve double this frequency (negative of frozen electric field condition) and to have at least ten point per period we require a resolution of 200 ns. The sensitivity to a muon EDM decreases only for a time binning larger than 1000ns below the generic ideal sensitivity value.
Anything better or equal to 200 ns time should be sufficient. If only vertical position is used in the helix version, this would result in a spatial resolution of about 25 mm.
3) Philipp reports on the scope of the telescope measurement in collaboration with Nik Berger who unfortunately couldn’t make it to the meeting.
1) Cross check of phase space analysis (A. Knecht with Mikio and Philipp)
2) Cross check of emittance with transport calculation (Manfred and Mikio)
3) Arrange meeting with Nik to prepare telescope measurement ( may be already this summer)
4) Kim Siang will join Mikio for simulation of the helix version, Pratyush will finish his semester work soon on storage ring simulation (only anomalous precession)
5) Philipp starts on systematics in case of helix version in particular -1/2dB/dr = dB/dz
Not resolved items from last meeting:
• Injection simulation of classical compact storage ring proposal to validate old calculation (Francesco)
• Vertical injection in an ideal solenoid field use measured emittance an phase space of muE1 (Francesco)
• Study additional entrance muon detector to cross check timing with vertical position (Philipp)
• Study systematic effects (Philipp and volunteers)