The Zuoz PSI Summer School 2020 works on a tight budget which unfortunately does not allow funding of participants in general. In particular, we do not see any possibility for travel grants.
However, thanks to generous financial support by CHIPP and SCNAT, we can offer partial support (in the form of a reduced fee) to a few applicants who need it most (support to students from Switzerland and EU countries is highly unlikely). If you think that you belong to this group we kindly ask you to
- register as soon as possible
- during registration put a remark in the field “Further information to the organizers” that you are applying for financial support
- send us the following information:
- curriculum vitae, possibly including publications
- a short letter of recommendation, detailing why your host institution cannot fully support you
- short report on your present research activities
Please send this information (by email) to:
Mrs. A. Van Loon-Govaerts
If we receive all required information before March 1, 2020, we will contact you no later than April 1, 2020 and let you know if and how we can support you. Later applications for financial support will be considered as long as our financial resources are not exhausted. In any case, it will be very helpful if you could organize some financial support from other sources.
We are doing our best to make the Zuoz Summer School accessible to a broad range of students, postdocs and researchers from experimental and theoretical physics.
Hope to see you in August in Zuoz!
Michael Spira and Adrian Signer