4th PSI Condensed Matter Summer Camp 2023:
Symposium on Frontiers in quantum condensed matter physics
2D materials: insights and opportunities at large scale facilites
August 6-11, 2023
Lyceum Alpinum, Zuoz, Switzerland
The PSI Condensed Matter Summer Camp has the goal to provide a forum for leading scientists to meet and discuss the fundamental aspects and open questions of current scientific interest. It follows a more than 20 year tradition to hold condensed matter schools at the Lyceum Alpinum in Zuoz, that provides a lively and informal environment for scientific discussions.
The talks will cover introductions to the research fields, an overview of the current research frontier and also recent research highlights of the speakers. The camp should thus be of high interest to PhD students and established scientists alike. There will be the possibility for PhD students and post-doctoral fellows to present their work in a poster session.
The PSI Condensed Matter Summer Camp 2023 will focus on 2D materials: insights and opportunities at large scale facilites.
It will cover the following areas:
- Superconductivity in the 2D limit
- Charge and spin density wave instabilities in 2D maetrials
- Topological transport and electronic structure in two dimensions
- Twisted bilayers and freestanding heterostructures
- Ferromagnets in two dimensions
- 2D Magnetism and spin liquids
- Novel methods to probe materials in two dimensions
- Devices based on 2D materials
- Multiferroic and magnetoelectric oxides
- Out-of-equilibrium in 2D materials