The 14th International Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Ice (PCI- 2018) will take place in Zürich (Switzerland) during the 2nd week in January 2018. This international symposium series dates back 55 years and is devoted to research on all aspects of ice. The broad field of topics is linked by the focus on fundamentals.
- Ice and Life (near and far, far away)
- Surfaces, Interfaces and Nucleation
- Ice Phases, Amorphous Ice and Glass Transitions
- Crystal Growth
- Microstructure and Mechanics
- Cryospheric Processes (from glaciological friction, deformation and damage mechanics, snow dynamics and photochemistry to sea ice thermodynamics)