The PSI Thesis Medal 2011 has been awarded to Elena Mengotti, SYN department, PSI. The picture was taken during the award ceremony showing Elena together with the chairman of the evaluation committee J. Friso van der Veen.
PSI thesis medal
Announcement of PSI director Prof. Dr. J.F. Mesot:
Criteria for eligibility:
- Eligible are authors of a PhD thesis that contains substantial scientific results achieved at one or more of the large PSI user facilities, SLS, SINQ and SμS. Nominations are open to scientists of all nationalities.
- The thesis must have been accepted by the examination committee of the university in written form within the period of 1 August 2009 to 31 May 2011.
Nominations should be submitted per email to Prof Dr J. Friso van der Veen by thesis advisors and principal investigators of PSI proposals before June 1, 2011. The nomination should consist of:
- the nominee's CV
- the nominee's publication list
- an electronic letter of recommendation (max 2 pages A4)
- a suggestion for a laudation text (max 1/2 page A4)
The prize winner will be invited to give a presentation during the plenary session of the JUM@P '11 meeting.