Prerequisites for the trainees
- You must be matriculated at a university as a Bachelor, Master, doctoral students or you have a contract as a Post-doctoral researcher or young engineer in a research institute or company (maximum age 40 years old and contract end date must be after the end of the current training period).
- You should be working in the field of nuclear, material, thermo-mechanic and thermal-hydraulic modelling, broad thermal hydraulic (TH) assessment, design and safety analysis, quantitative validation of computational tools for reactor design and safety analyses, probabilistic margin assessment based on probabilistic fracture mechanics analysis, deterministic structural and fracture mechanics analyses and other related fields.
- You must have a host institution or company in the consortium willing to take you as a trainee.
- Your home institution has to be one of the APAL beneficiaries or APAL international partners.
- You must have sufficient language skills.
Supporting documents for the application
The on-line application sent to the coordinating committee must be completed and the following documents have to be attached:
- Any document confirming that the applicant is a student of Bachelor, Master or PhD degree during the period of the visit. If the applicant is a postdoctoral researcher, trainee, eligible scientist or young engineer, a letter from his/her supervisor confirming the relation with the institution or company has to be attached.
- A brief motivation letter, explaining the purpose of studying the subject and the desired location and desired period for the visit. This is only important in the modality 2.