Visa InformationParticipants should check if they require a visa to enter Switzerland.
Participants who require a letter of invitation for this event should contact Charlotte Heer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following information:
- Your full name (as it appears in your travel documents)
- Your home institution name and address
- Your position at your institution
What to do in Zurich?
- Event calendar
- List of restaurants
- Cafe & bars
- Swiss National Museum (Landesmuseum)
- Classical concert
- Where to swim in Zurich (in German only)
- Sightseeing, just to have pointed out a few things: Grossmunster, Fraumunster with the famous windows by Chagall, take a walk through the old part of Zurich, stroll along the Limmat on the Schipfe side and do not miss the Lindenhof
1. – 3. Juli 2016
Züri Fäscht 2016
Hundreds of thousands of visitors gather for the greatest city festival in Switzerland.
The Züri Fäscht provides fun and entertainment for all generations and tastes, both around the lake and throughout the inner city, on land, on water and in the air. The different rides are fun, the tight-rope and trapeze acrobatics breathtaking, the countless concerts and mobile discos hip-swinging and the two great musical firework displays, set off from the lake on Friday and Saturday evening (11pm-11.30pm), are truly spectacular.
UEFA Euro 2016
- for timetable of the matches see the UEFA webpage
Public transportation works very good in Zuerich. You will receive by email in advance a ticket for the public transportation which is valid from 3. July – 8. July and in the whole City of Zuerich and for the Airport (ticket includes Zone 110 and Zone 121).
Enjoy the nice view from Uetliberg and Felsenegg or take Boat Trips on Lake Zurich or Greifensee. For day trips get inspired by Zurich tourismus. An insider tip is the Technorama in Winterthur. If it is warm enough do not miss having a bath either in the lake or the river.